A testing Tuesday

10km | Easy | 50:00 (approx) I ran into the city last night along Oxford Street through Paddington etc to Hyde Park and back. At the start I felt the best I've felt for ages. In fact for the first few kms I ran like a stray dog (strange analogy I know) bounding along the footpath, crossing streets all at a brisk pace. Feeling full of beans with no niggles whatsoever. Of course that feeling of running euphoria didn't last long as my left leg started to get fatigued in the usual bloody manner. The two muscles which sit adjacent to my tibia started to complain. Then by about 5kms mild pain started to set in around my old metatarsil injury. Same old, same old. Its definitely the cause of the old injury and needs some quick attention. I called yesterday to make an appointment to see Larry the Physio this week but it seems that he's taken some R & R after his Port Macquarie 1/2 IM debut (I see he did it in 6:20:07. Very well done champ !). So it looks like I'll have to wait until next week for that. I iced and stretched when I got home and have no residual pain this morning. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 26 October, 2005

Hehe. Must confess that I had a giggle at the mental image I had of you running like a 'stray dog' :-)

Sorry to hear that your old problem is still causing you problems. I hope you can get it fixed quickly.

J.    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 26 October, 2005

Hi Gronk,

I'm back. Thanks for the support along the way!!!

Larry    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 27 October, 2005

Thanks Larry. I'm booked for a leg transplant on Monday. Have your saw ready ! See you then. :)    



» Post a Comment