Berry Mountain pics

Well after a couple of weeks down on the farm my batteries are fully re-charged and ready to take on the world again.After last weeks DNF at Striders 10km, I managed to fix up the calf strain enough to run by Tuesday so I could go for a run that afternoon up the mountain on Kangaroo Valley Road to Bellawongara then down Tourist Road towards Camberwarra Lookout. I ran without watch or GPS but figure that it was about 12km out and back, just by going on the road signs. The road takes you through plateau country pastures, rainforest gullys and steep hilly climbs. Running back at about 5.30pm I came across two echidnas waddling across the road.The house we stayed at was a great base for a holiday for both the kids and their servants (us). Whilst being high up the mountain offering a great farm experience (there were horses & cattle on the property), it was also only 8km to 7 Seven Mile Beach. On Thursday morning I left home at 5.30am and run up the mountain towards Kangaroo Valley for about 7km before turning around. At the top of the mountain the road undulates with green rolling hills keeping both me and the cattle running with me pretty fit. My right calf (the one that gave me trouble last Saturday) was feeling very tight and I had to stop and stretch a few times. I was also probably feeling the effects of a day at Jamberoo Rec'n Park the day before with my son. A few hours of climbing hills for the water slides etc certainly didn't help. We had a great time down there and are seriously considering buying a property in that Jamberoo/Berry/Jaspers Brush pocket in the very near future. I would love to have a similar small acreage to let out as a holiday rent and use it myself on vacant weekends. Note to self: buy lottery ticket. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 09 October, 2005

Oh Gronk, sounds like you had a fantastic break. I'm glad to hear that you were able to run this week, particularly given it is such a beautiful part of the world!

J.    



» Post a Comment