(Half) Marathon Training: How do I get faster?

CoolRunning Messageboards: Marathon Training, how do I get faster?: "The way that I've gotten faster is to train slower. By doing almost all of my training in my aerobic zone, when I went out and ran hard, I was blitzing my old times by heaps. The benefit of this type of approach is that it's easy to do as everyone can run aerobically without feeling buggered." Found this in a thread on CoolRunning about running faster by CoolRunner Obi-Wan. I've always felt a tad guilty that I dont go out and run fartleks, monas, intervals and the like. I just go out for a run ! Phew, now instead of "just going for a run" I can blog that I "trained within my aerobic zone". See, I knew I was doing it right ! Love it ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 September, 2005

As if I needed any excuse at the moment but thanks, it might come in handy! Actually is there any way of maintaining running fitness by visualising running, rather than actually getting outdoors and doing it? If you find a thread on this I'd be interested! (I'm in post-marathon mode!)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 September, 2005

Hey Gronk, I don't feel qualified to comment on your running training.

But I can give you (bad) advice on your footy tipping seeing though I'm just one point behind you in the CR comp :-)    



» Post a Comment