Coogee explorer

19.2km | 2:02:45 | LSD I ran this morning at first light. I was just me and the birds out there for a while. Quite fresh but no breeze like yesterday. I ran down to Coogee way and then ventured south for a while following the coastal path. I've never been south of the beach before so it was interesting to see the vintage baths built along the cliff tops. They stand there as if time had stood still for 80 years. Ladies and Children's sea pool surrounded by a high wooden fence painted in flakey yellow paint. The sea was like a pond this morning. No a waves to speak of - apart from the odd ripple made by an old man doing his morning ocean swim. I bet he's been doing that same swim every day for decades. My calves were hurting again today so the demons were constantly at me to turn for home. As I battle with the voices in my head I think of those CoolRunner ultra guys who did Glass House 100 Milers last weekend. They don't quit, so I should at least be able to finish my little run. Cramps etc seemed to ease a little about 12km and I just plodded along until I reached home. I finished feeling quite fresh and looking forward to the running week ahead. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 18 September, 2005

Sounds like a magic relaxing run Gronk. A great way to start any Sunday.    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Monday, 19 September, 2005

Brings back memories of when I lived at the top end of Arden St, Gronk - nothing is flat, eh?

Good to see that you're enjoying your Sunday run - you did really well at Blackmores.    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 20 September, 2005

i'm jealous...i wish i had the ocean to run next to!    



» Post a Comment