Berry Mountain Update

With internet access patchy, I've only been able to get dial up down here twice now since I've been here - and each time only for a about 10 minutes. I wonder if I can draft an entry off-line like you can with an email ? Anyways, I've managed to run around many local rural lanes, around dairy farms and ritzy country hideaways. I shot up to Striders yesterday morning (arrived with like 1 minute before kick off) and then managed to strain my calf hurriedly stretching beforehand. I then stupidly took off chasing the 45min pacer only to call it quits at about 7km. So that was officially my first DNF. I spent today down at Seven Mile Beach with the kids and the calf feels OK. All that swimming/wading in the water must have done some good I guess. Hopefully I can run maybe Tuesday and Thursday as I was aiming to run the Striders Internal Half next Sunday. We see about that now.... PS. Vote one: KB ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 October, 2005

Sorry I didn't catch up with you on Saturday Gronk. Bad news about the DNF but I think you made the right decision. It will make your recovery quicker.    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 October, 2005

Another flash new header - looks good Gronk. Hope your calf is a lot better and you can get back running soon.    



» Post a Comment