Bronte bumble

10km | Moderate | 3:1 I left the house last night stressed out of my brain from work. Had the world on my shoulders (or so I felt) so I was looking forward to running hard to shed some built up anxiety. I can honestly say that last night was the first run since say May that I felt zero niggles. Amazing. I felt 21yo again. My run took me down to Clovelly beach and then up and down hills to Bronte Beach and then up again to Bondi Junction to home. I think that I love hills. Yes, without an undulating terrain in my path I am a very dissatisfied runner. I felt so good last night that I decided to do a 3:1 run. I read somewhere that finishing the last 25% of your run at an up tempo pace builds stamina and teaches your body to cope with the stresses in the backend of a race. Anyway, that sort of a routine suits me waay better than running 1km intervals or speed sessions. Yuk. We're all heading off to Berry tonight for the school holidays (I rented this trendy farm house for the kids) so I'm looking forward to my long run on Sunday with the cows, horses and green (?) rolling hills as my company. I am however ducking up to Sydney for Striders 10km and to see the Eels win the NRL Grand Final (hopefully). In the meantime I probably won't be blogging for a while, unless I can find a cow with a notebook and wireless broadband ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 23 September, 2005

Gronk, I'm so glad to hear that you funny had a niggle-free run. Running is sensational isn't it - but particularly so when niggle free. Have a great time down south - a beautiful part of the country!

J.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 23 September, 2005

Have a great time down on the farm Gronk. Sounds like you did a similar route to one of my beach runs.. such a beautiful place to run.. I'm sure I'll get to like those hills one day!    



» Post a Comment