Aching calves

9.5km | Easy I ran down to Bondi Beach last night and (as the title suggests) had aching calves again all the way. It got so bad that I almost had to stop on my way back up Bondi Road. I've been doing calf let down exercises morning and night lately, so I guess I have put them under a bit of stress. I will have to step up on the stretching and massage until they start behaving again. There seems to be a pattern emerging here. If I have a layoff because of injury or if I do a long race/run (like a 1/2M) my calves will give me grief in the following week or two. So I'm not going to let it worry me as I now know that it will sort itself out in a few days. I was thinking that I might start to step up the distance on my Sunday long runs. I usually manage about 10-14kms and I will aim to slowly increase this to about 20km and do that distance at least 3 times a month. The more comfortable I can get with the distance I figure, the better my mental approach to a 1/2M race will be. The step up in fitness wont do me any harm either. Also, it may motivate me to step up to a full marathon in 2006 or 2007. Who knows .... Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 20 October, 2005

you have been blog tagged...

Here are the rules:
1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the fifth sentence (or the closest one to it)
4. Post the text of your sentence in your blog along with these rules.
5. Tag five other people.

from 26/7/05:

"...can't wait to charge it up and give it a go!..."

i was, of course, talking about the arrival of my Forerunner 301...my constant companion, training or otherwise, ever since...


I have tagged Flash Duck, Gronk, Aki, Ewen & Lucky Legs...    



Blogger Hannah stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 23 October, 2005

Oooh, that muscles website is fun!    



» Post a Comment