If it's OK for D K Lillee, it's OK for me

I was watching the cricket yesterday morning with my son and on came the Denis Lillee's ad about Glucosamine Sports showing a runner grimacing with pain. Then after taking the pills he runs about happy as Larry. Gronk Jnr pipes up and says "Dad you should try that !". He worries that I'm forever icing various bits of my legs and limping about. So taking the advice of D K Lillee and my 7 year old, I bought a pack ! In all seriousness, I had previously read up on it and was contemplating taking them for my metatarsil injury (amongst other things) that still gives me grief. The SPORTS preparation includes willow bark which is supposed to aid in recovery and have anti-inflammatory properties. We'll see in a month if Denis and Gronk Jnr are on the right track. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Monday, 07 November, 2005

You can be my guinea pig! I'll be very interested to hear how you go Gronk - I've been eyeing these off for months now too. I don't think you can ever be too young to use this sort of stuff. Hope you see (feel) results in a couple of weeks    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 07 November, 2005

Gronk, I picked up a packet of those at the chemist the other day ... then put them back on the shelf. I wanted to find out more about why they were so much better than the usual (cheaper) glucosamine. Can't wait to hear your report.    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 08 November, 2005

It might be snake oil, but I find that Glucosamine is good for my creaking joints with arthritis.

Isn't willow bark what they used to isolate asprin from though? I'd say that it would have an anti inflammatory effect but maybe you shoudl exercose caution with other NSAIDs.

This might help. ANU Asprin article    



» Post a Comment