Stop thief !

45:00 | soft sand Wow, the stormy and chunderous seas of the last couple of days have eroded my beloved beach away. How rude ! I arrived down at the beach about 8.30pm and I immediately noticed the roar of the ocean and the huge storm swell coming unusually high up the sand. It wasn't until I got out of the car that I realized that the once deep lush sand of Bondi Beach was reduced to only about 30 metres to the water line at best. The erosion over the past few days has been massive and the storm surge had caused havoc with the Lifesavers' facilities built along the boardwalk as they were all open and drying out. I run along the line of garbage bins which are about 10 meters inside the sea wall (the blue line on the map above), which is usually high and dry. Amazingly, I was turning around the last garbage bin at North Bondi ankle deep in water. The roar of the crashing waves was so loud that the domestic aircraft flying overhead approaching the Coogee flight path, flew in silence above the headlands. Lets hope that Mother Nature can return the sand to the beach very soon. My run was without incident and I finished feeling a little weary but injury free. I iced and stretched the shins when I got home. My walk to work this morning was pain free - which is a change ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 29 November, 2005

I hope the sand comes back soon. Bondi beach wouldn't be quite the same without it. Glad to hear your shins are behaving at last.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 29 November, 2005

Good to hear the shins are behaving.

If this keeps up they may end up renaming it Bindi Beach ;-)    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 29 November, 2005

Great to see you're getting down there so regularly!

So what's the yellow shaded section out in the surf?    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 30 November, 2005

The yellow section ? Yes, well thats supposed to show the extent of the storm surge. Can't really say that I am a master of this Google Earth at the moment. :rolleyes:    



» Post a Comment