Sunday in the park

14km | grass | no watch A step up today in the distance felt really good. I needed to open the lungs up and just run for longer than the small stints I've been doing lately. Luckily, then shin rehab program has been paying dividends and I reckon running on the soft sand was a masterstroke. Go Larry. That combined with the fact that I've had ice on my shins morning and night for the last month. I started off today with lots a creeks and groans in all the joints which lasted until about the first 7kms. After that they seemed to settle down. I was feeling pretty good with about 4km from home that I upped the pace to finish at about 10km pace (no watch but it felt nippy anyway). Tuesday and Thursday I'm back on the sand. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Monday, 21 November, 2005

Great to hear the sand running has been beneficial. I note you've been doing it cautiously, and it looks like it's paid off big time.

Great photos btw - I thought the top one was a google earth shot to begin with and was wondering where the flouro coloured line was    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 21 November, 2005

Great news Gronk. Very happy to hear that your shins are improving

:-)

J    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 21 November, 2005

Hey Gronk, my secret for eliminating the creaks and groans in the joints is to turn the iPod up full bore :-)

I'm liking the pics you are posting.    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 22 November, 2005

Great to hear things are improving Gonk!    



» Post a Comment