Lara and the big fish.

30:00 | soft sand Well I cant say that I was all that thrilled sharing my normally deserted beach last night, with hundreds of people down there escaping the heat. The fact that most of them were backpackers in bikinis from Switzerland called Lara, probably made it a little more bearable. ;) I ran the first two laps of the beach pretty good but was really feeling the heat. It's amazing how the first really hot day of the season knocks you about. I ran with my water bottle and found that I was drinking almost constantly and fighting a terrible dry mouth. After about 20 minutes my calves were staring to tighten up as were those muscles either side of the shin (don't know what they're called). I pushed on determine to make the half hour point but concede that the last 5 minutes or so was really hell. I ran shirtless and in the speedos (yes, lucky for everyone it was dark) which allowed me to dump my bum bag after my run and head straight for the waves. My wife isn't happy that I have been taking a dip at night lately and before I left last night she was determined that I would become dinner for some hungry shark. I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I saw the report in the paper about some overgrown fish finger being chased off at Bondi yesterday. It conjures up scenes from JAWS when that woman was swimming nekid at night and the shark took her from below. If you don't recall how the JAWS movie panned out, there is a very funny Flash movie called JAWS in 30 Seconds which is well worth a look. Just click on the image to view. I will head down to the beach again on Friday after work for another run. It seems that I have to defer any run with shoes and stay barefoot on the sand until my festy big toe settles down. I'm thinking this could take up to a week. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 December, 2005

How rude people wanting to use a beach for laying around on and swimming ;-)

Love the bunnies :-)    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 December, 2005

Shirtless and speedo's... woo woo!
Great cartoon :-)    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 December, 2005

I was thinking of sending Mr l down for a spot of beach running with you but maybe I'll keep him safely at home now; safe from Lara and the sharks!

Big Bertha is a bit tricky to describe. Keep going past the cafe on the grass on the opposite side of the road for about 100 m and then we run up between the trees to the road and repeat! It's quite a challenge but good because it's on the grass and so running down hill isn't too bad.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 December, 2005

Tee hee, the bunny version is almost as funny as the real Jaws.

When my dad used to take us to the beach he'd always tell us to swim near somebody fatter as the sharks would go for them first :-)    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 December, 2005

If you bring a couple of bikini clad swiss backpackers home then your wife should be very happy you're still alive.    



» Post a Comment