2006 - What's next ?

After browsing the 2006 running calendar, I came up with a to-do list. This year due to injury I missed out on far too many races. I managed to run only 4 out of the 10 Sydney Striders 10km Series and sadly missed out on the most important race - the City to Surf. Fingers crossed that I have a better year injury wise. I have four goal races for 2006 - Nail Can Hill @ Albury, Bondi Barefoot (soft sand) 10km, City to Surf and Central Coast Half Marathon. I would also like to slowly increase my distances and try the two longer local trail races - Woodford to Glenbrook (25km) and Mt Wilson to Bilpin (35km). If all goes well and I can lose another 5kgs or so, I reckon 2007 will mark my marathon debut. So my 2006 calendar goes something like this: Jan 26 - Medibank Private Oz Day 8km Fun Run Feb 04 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 1 Feb 22 - Sydney Striders Equalizer 14km trail Race. Mar 04 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 2 Apr 02 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 3 May 02 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 4 May 07 - Nail Can Hill 11.4km Trail Race - Albury May 21 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon Jun 03 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 5 Jun 11 - Manly Soft Sand Classic 9km Jun 25 - Woodford to Glenbook 25km trail Jul 01 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 6 Jul 09 - Bondi Barefoot Soft Sand 10km Aug 07 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 7 Aug 13 - City to Surf 14km Aug 26 - Mt Wilson to Bilpin 35km trail Sep 02 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 8 Sep 10 - Blackmore's Half Marathon Oct 01 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 9 Oct 08 - Sydney Striders Internal Half Marathon Nov 04 - Sydney Striders 10km Series Race 10 Dec 03 - Central Coast Half Marathon Boy, that looks a lot ! Lets hope that I can maintain my fitness for most of these, especially for my goal races. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 07 December, 2005

Sure does sound a lot!

It's a slippery slope once you start talking trail races and marathons Gronk....

May the injury Gods smile upon you for ever more ;-)    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 07 December, 2005

busy looking schedule Gronk, but certainly do-able provided the shins stay good, and everything else holds together!

Hope I make it to a few of those on your list to see you pull out a few more PBs    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 08 December, 2005

Well done on your great run at the weekend.

Looks like a busy year ahead and I'm sure to catch up with you at one or two of those runs at least.    



» Post a Comment