Half post mortem

I guess a PB doesn't come easy and I can say that I'm sure paying for it right now. Manky big toe: looks like I'm going to lose another toe nail. I saw a thread on CR which said that going up half a shoe size will give you more room in the toe box. Might try that after these new shoes have had their day. Five blisters: I always use vaseline in long runs but forgot to pack it this time around. Doh ! Aching quads: I may need a quad transplant very soon. Very tender to touch. Very sore going up and down stairs. Yes, I know I'm a big girl. I went down to Bondi last night at dusk and walked the entire length on the beach thigh deep. A little bit better today but not sure I can run tonight. The great news is that after 21kms on concrete my shins are fine. Yep - no more inflamation than last week. Very happy about that. I will head down to the beach tonight and attempt a lap or two after dinner. If not I'll just take a dip and cool the quads down again. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 06 December, 2005

Well done Gronk! After all the problems re injuries, that you've had - this is a great result - a PB!!! Enjoy a break - no need to rush back into running just yet. A dip sounds just like the thing!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 06 December, 2005

Glad your shins are good :-)

Fortunately I am blessed with feet that very rarely blister and never lose toe nails, but mate... if you are looking for a donor for the quad transplant - I can't help - mine are killing me! With me it is going down stairs - perhaps we could trade a little up for a little down muscle?

BTW I forgot to say - your reply to me about the tsunami was one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in a run - thanks :-)    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 06 December, 2005

I'm so very glad to hear that your shins have pulled up well. That's fantastic!

You could borrow my quads - I'm not using them at the moment - but that might look a bit funny ;-)    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 06 December, 2005

I musn't have worked hard enough, so you can borrow my quads too. Mind you the accompanying calves are not overly happy :-).

As for your shoes talk to Bru. he got a half size bigger this time and got his first blister ever !!

Well done again on a good race and some great photos. C u round soon, TA    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 06 December, 2005

You know what is better than a PB.... waking up in one piece after a pb!! woo hoo for you... great news that the shins are happy campers :-)    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 07 December, 2005

If it's any consolation, I'm still feeling a little sore and fatigued after the run too - quads and calves are still tired!    



» Post a Comment