Hill Reps and Speedwork reconnaissance.

Friday January 6, 2006 Avoca Street Hill Reps 10:00 warmup | 8 x 300m hills | 10:00 warm down In my quest for the "need for speed" I have switched from Ruthven Street, Bondi Junction to Avoca Street , North Randwick. Avoca Street is far more demanding (looks like its about 45 degrees) and also has a nice wide tar footpath on the eastern side. The footpath keeps me off the road, which is good for me as I do all of my weekday training at night. The hill that I run is shown in blue on the above map. I ran these reps pretty easy as I am trying to just ease my way back into the hard work. Having said that I was pretty buggered by the time I finished I will aim to get some splits on my reps next week so I have something to compare my sessions with. I think also you are supposed to run each rep at about the same time, so it will help with that as well. No injuries to report. Happy as Larry really. Mood: ---> Sunday January 8, 2006 Speedwork fact finding mission 11.25km | 61:09 | Easy* Still on the "need for speed" thing, I set out to find somewhere around my place that is flat enough for 1km intervals. I ran up and around Queens Park just for something to do and then along a bit of Darley Road to Dangar Street and Cowper Road. Both these roads failed to be any significant length. Dangar was 400m and Cowper 700m. So it was off to the cycleway adjacent to the busway at Randwick Racecourse that Superflake recommended (Thought about you this morning SF, at nippers Bronte Beach was closed due to dangerous surf and I knew you were doing the Nth Bondi rough water swim today. Rough water indeed !) The cycleway was about 1050m at first jog up. I turned around and did a 4:36 up and a 4:39 rep back to get a feel of it. Noice. I was happy to leave it at the two reps as I reckon I'm not quite ready for the whole hog at the moment, especially when its 30 odd degrees. The location of the cycleway is shown in maroon on the above map. I then ran in to Centennial Park for the remainder of the loop and headed home. Congratulations to Horrie, Twopennies and Miss Skarmel at the Gosford 12 Hour last night. I see that Horrie did 104kms in the 12 hours with 2P and Miss S both putting in huge efforts. Awsome stuff guys ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 08 January, 2006

Nice work Gronk, those 5km & 10km PBs will soon be history    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 08 January, 2006

It is a bit tricky with the tree roots at the Darley Rd end that 1k course but at least there are no cars to deal with and it is pretty flat and lit well enough to use in winter in the dark. It was certainly a rough swim this morning esp coming back from Icebergs back to the nth. Ans ome blueys about as well.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 09 January, 2006

Is there anywhere flat in the eastern suburbs?! Watch out for complaining achilles and calves on the hill repeats Gronk.    



» Post a Comment