Sunday Run & new shoes.

10km| grass/trail | easy | 55.00 (approx) After a few days off and constant stretching, icing and popping voltaren - I'm feeling OK. My calves and shins had settled down (pain factor 2/5) enough for me to venture out this morning. Everything seemed to go OK and I ran at (what felt like) a pretty good pace. The mild temp today made it great running conditions. I managed a lap of the outside fence of Queens Park, one of the inside fence of the walking track at Centennial Park and then finished with another of the Queens Park loop which makes 10kms all up. I'm thinking that I will run 5km on the road on Tuesday, then head back to the soft sand on Thursday. Next Sunday I will run on the grass again. I will continue with this pattern over the next few weeks and increase the distance on both road and grass gradually. We'll see if that works. Wobbly Man suggested that I check on my shoes and that certainly has been on my mind lately. I have been running in both Brooks Adenalines and ASCIS GT 2100s for the past year and whilst they have a great reputation as stability shoes, I decided to go to the The Runners Shop in Clovelly on Saturday morning for a second opinion. They certainly know there stuff there and advised me to run in the new GT2100s rather than the Adrenalines. The ASICS will apparantly be better for my orthotics and I should go up another half size because of the ongoing manky toe problem. I have also purchased a pair of the new Brooks Cascadia trail shoes on Ebay ($AU190 at Rebel and I got them for $AU100 landed) for my soft road pursuits and a pair of Loco Banditos for my <10km races this year. Hopefully a change of shoes will provide a tad more luck for me in 2006. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 15 January, 2006

I hope the shoes are the missing link for you Gronk and that it fixes your issues.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 15 January, 2006

Good to see you are back on the road Gronk - I have found that Voltaren Rapids (but you have to ask for them at the chemist) work best.    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 15 January, 2006

Funny, I run in Adrenalines mostly and have recenly started questioning my pods advice to run in them. Would the Brookd Dyad be the equivalent?    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 15 January, 2006

Yes, I did stop running - how did you know?

I hope the new shoes do the trick Gronk. I'm due for a new pair myself. The Runners Shop Canberra has a sale so I'll be visiting them soon.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 15 January, 2006

That's great news Gronk !    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 16 January, 2006

I got my shoes there too! They are great... did they video you?    



» Post a Comment