More of the same.

47:00 | soft sand After my run on Sunday on the hard paths of the coastal run, my shins remain stable but quite tender. So as not to aggravate the situation further I ran on the sand again last night. I'm thinking that grass and sand will be part of my running regime for a considerable period of time with only the one run per week on the road before I am finally on top of this injury. Who knows, maybe I've have sore shins off and on for the rest of my days. I'm half expecting Plu to say in his 2015th CR post - "In the year of 2015 ...and Gronk still has shin splints." Nah, kidding really. The beach down at Bondi had a surprising number of runners last night. All up there must have been a dozen including me. My shins felt good in the sand. No real issues except for overall fatigue. Especially in the legs. I measured the run on Google Earth (I must remember to take my GPS next week) and its a tad short of 1 km. About 970m. Last night I ran 5 1/2 laps which left me without anything in the tank whatsoever. My legs were jelly. If am to ever complete the Bondi Barefoot (10km) in July I'm going to have to really get my act together. Lose weight and get fit. Hmmm. Thursday I will spin at home in preparation for Striders on Saturday. I'd like to go for a run on the road, but don't think I should push my luck. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Paul stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 01 February, 2006

This photo is cool way to show your run!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 01 February, 2006

Sounds like a good plan Gronk.

"I'm going to have to really get my act together. Lose weight and get fit. Hmmm". - I wouldn't mind a dollar for every time I've uttered those words!

;-)    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 01 February, 2006

Gee - that really was up in the SOFT sand wasn't it? No wonder you had nothing left after 5 or so laps. I wouldn't have made the first one, but there you go ...    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 01 February, 2006

C u Saturday. I'm just helping but Gnome will run for both of us!

TA    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 02 February, 2006

Gronk,

Spin the photo through 180 degrees and it'll look just like one of your smiley faces :-)

(5k on Soft sand! You must be insane :-) :-)

sfG    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 02 February, 2006

Wow! That's a fantastic photo of your run, Gronk! Good luck with Saturday's run & never, ever 'push your luck'!!    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 02 February, 2006

See you Saturday!!    



» Post a Comment