Sunday beach run

1:30 | road | LSD/recovery pace After a long hot day, I didn't feel like running about the humidity in the park, so I ran down to the beaches for the first time in many months. I took the advice of McMillan and slowed right down to 6:30 pace for this run. I think I have not done myself any favours in the past with my post race runs by trying to zip about instead of taking it easy. From the onset my shins and calves were tight and a little sore. Not as bad as my aborted run last weekend, but sore nonetheless. No, I hadn't been doing much stretching or massaging over the days since the Oz Day Race, so I guess it was my own fault. The run today was hot but the light sea breeze made it bearable as did the local female wildlife. The beaches were choc-a-block with bathers and it looked very tempting to stop for a dip at each and every beach that I ran through. By the time I arrived at North Bondi (about 9km ?) my lower legs were feeling tired but pretty good and the 3km run uphill to home felt solid. Feeling OK at the moment but I guess will have to nurse my shins this week to be sharp for Striders on Saturday. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Monday, 30 January, 2006

Glad to see your shins held out for a great 8km race Gronk! Takae care of them now and I'm sure they'll be fine for Striders next week.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 30 January, 2006

Nice run Gronk and what a great map!    



Blogger Dave stopped running and said ...
Monday, 30 January, 2006

Wow, what a great run to be able to do from home!

Certainly you need to be sharp for Saturday, first 10km of the year and new Striders handicaps!!    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Monday, 30 January, 2006

Can't quite make out the local wild life in that photo Gronk. Any chance of a close up next time?    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Monday, 30 January, 2006

Top stuff, Gronk.

Great too see the smileys back.

Cheers,
Ben    



» Post a Comment