Around the park

7.5km | path/grass | recovery Still suffering slightly from DOMS, I set out last night seeking a soft surface to nurse my old bones around the park. After the Striders race on Saturday, I spent most of Sunday at Tamarama Beach with the kids and tried to wade in the surf as much as possible to assist in recovery. I think it worked to a certain extent as my quads were not nearly as sore last night as they usually are. My run last night took me down towards Randwick Racecourse which unfortunately is about 2kms of hard concrete footpath. Luckily from there I can run on grass/dirt trail all the way through Moore Park and up to Paddington/Woollahra and down to home. I finished pretty fresh considering that I ran sans water bottle and it was a very humid night. Last night was my first hit out in my new Brooks Cascadia trail shoes and I can report that they are very comfy and provide quite good support. I could really feel the grippy sole at times when traversing grassy banks. They will serve me well in the winter when the surface gets wet and slippery. My next run will be Wednesday and it will be on the soft sand down at Bondi. I will increase my 5 1/2 laps from last week and try to complete 6 laps (6km) as I edge my way towards the 10km mark. If its raining, I will head to Avoca Street Randwick for 45/50 mins of steady hill reps. The shins ? A manageable 1/5 on the Wobbly Man Shin Pain Scale™. Ditching the Adrenalines in favour of GT2100's for road runs seems to have made the world of difference. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 07 February, 2006

Snazzy shoes Gronk!! YOu wont get lost either! We ran past Tamaramma beach on sunday...probably earlier than you were there :-)    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 07 February, 2006

Nice shoes - are they much heavier than normal runners?    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 07 February, 2006

47.31 is a good time for the park Gronk! I heard poor old Jim had no 50:00 runners with him at the end.

My GPS was also hopeless there - I think too many trees/cliffs.

That's a nice map of CP - you can see ES Marks down the bottom.    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 08 February, 2006

As a contemporary, I refuse to acknowledge that you have "old bones" to drag around the park!

Cool shoes. I hope that the shins hold out.    



» Post a Comment