Bite me Lane Cove !

Sydney Striders 10km | 47:31 | course PB I seem to have this love-hate situation going with that place. I really don't enjoy trudging up those hills, but for some reason if there was a race on there every week - I'd be there with bells on ! Saw lots of CoolRunners out there today including the delightful Kit that I met for the first time. I set off lagging behind Jim the 50:00 pacer and quickly found the 55:00 pacer Horrie right up my tail. It seems the overcast sky, the trees and a low battery caused my GPS no end of troubles. I have a total event distance of only 9.073km with tragically odd splits. So each time that my watch beeped for a km spilt I was horrified at my crap pace. So without the 50:00 pacer in my sights and an unreliable watch - I was a tad in the dark with the whole thing. I got to the top of scribbly in about 24 minutes and knew that the worst was behind me. Coming down the hill I saw Kevin Tiller, Kit, Plu, BernieG ,Horrie and Belinda and a BennyR making his Striders debut. In the distance getting further ahead were Gnome and Mr G who both seemed to be ahead of the 45:00 pacer. In the "downhill" part of the course with about 3kms to go I got into a panic that I wouldn't make it in sub 50:00, so I upped the pace. Typical of the Lane Cove course, everytime you turn a corner - there is another bloody hill. Yes even in the "downhill" part of the course ther are hills. Aaargh ! Lucky for me my panic was unfounded and the finish line came up much quicker than I thought, with a 47:31 time (my watch) and with NO shin problems. Yay ! Lets hope that I can get more than just one mid week run in this week. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 February, 2006

WOOHOO !!!!

Sensational effort & race Gronk. Congratulations on the latest PB. I'm really pleased that your shins behaved themselves.    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 February, 2006

My stupid watch insisted that the first K was about 1300 of Action's metres long, and it just got worse from there... Lucky we don't need watches to run, eh? :-) Congrats on a great pb!

sfG    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 February, 2006

You looked good out there!! Awesome effort and great to say hi! Even better were those pesky shins behaved themselves :-)

It is a tough course, but I really enjoy running this one too! I especially love being able to smile and cheer the faster runners as they zoom back!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 February, 2006

Was the Lane Cove Biathlon on this morning? Congrats on the course PB and let's hope the shins stay well enough for the next Striders race.    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 05 February, 2006

Good run yesterday Gronk. I don't know how you manage to run so quickly on minimal training.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 05 February, 2006

Fantastic time Gronk - well done mate, but best of all no shin pain ;-)    



» Post a Comment