Taking it slow.

7km | recovery I am surprisingly suffering very little DOMS after the Equaliser. A result of me being cautious on the course I guess. Its a good thing for me anyway at this time in my comeback. Very happy that I have no niggles or anything to report. I ran the outside fence run of Centennial Park last night. It was quite late by the time I got out the door and light rain was falling. I ran very slow and just enjoyed the outing and a bunch of Kanye West mp3s that I brought along for company. I arrived home feeling pretty fresh and stretched for a good 20 minutes. Did you know that last night was the first time that I have run on consecutive days - ever ? A little running milestone. Go me. :) There will be no activity on Tuesday or Wednesday nights as Valentine's Day and my wife's birthday takes priority. I am undecided what to do on Thursday, but it will be a light run on the road or sand either way. Sunday will be a longish run of about 14km probably on the grass in the park. In other news, I booked my flight to Albury for the Nail Can Hill trail race in May. I wouldn't usually be planning this far ahead, but the $87.00 each way air fares were too cheap to pass up. I think it cost me $299.00 each way last year. Looking forward to this race as I get to spend the weekend with a great friend and his family on his farm. I also have unfinished business with that darn mountain. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 14 February, 2006

Go gronk!! Great to hear you pulled up well... thats fantastic! What is the trail run like??? You mention a mountain *gulp*    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 14 February, 2006

Good one Gronk. Finally got to two days in a row. I'd love that. Nail can hill has been won by some top runners. I think Kevan Hill who lives in Albury has won it 4 times.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 14 February, 2006

Congrats on making two in a row Gronk - weel done ;-)    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 15 February, 2006

Consecutive days is good, Gronk. Glad to see you making progress after recent injuries.

Cheers,
Ben    



» Post a Comment