Tripping Tuesday

5km | moderate| 24:51 Week 2 of 13 My program called for a 5km run without reference to pace. That probably meant that I take it easy but I was feeling pretty good so I took it out quite hard. My 5km run is pretty much 50% hills and I wasn't really feeling them much at all. So all in all pretty happy with the run. Tonight my program calls for 5 x 400m with standing recovery. I'm a bit wary of these workouts, so I'll do them on the grass at 1/2M pace this time around. I don't want to take any risks with anything right now. A "Tripping Tuesday" ? Much of the street lights are still out around my place from the storm last week and I tripped in the dark on the uneven footpath going up York Road. Doh ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 22 February, 2006

Good decision re the 400's Gronk.

As for your question on my blog - yes - I discovered magnesium many years ago whilst preparing for a different kind of endurance event and it is part of my daily supplement regimen. I find Blackmores Bio Magnesium seems to suit me best.

I ran out a couple of weeks ago and it didn't click why I wasn't recovering as quickly until I got some more *rolls eyes* I haven't had a cramp since '05 Six Foot - but considering I'd only been running for 2 months and hadn't taken any sports drink till 26k's I'm not blaming the magnesium!

Before you ask - the other supplements are:

Cenovis Mens Multi
Zinc (for immune system)
COQ10 (for the old ticker)

Occasionally if feeling run down I take a mitt full of B Complex.

;-)    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 22 February, 2006

Good running Gronk! PLEASE do not trip over... that will not be good! Maby a head lamp for you ;-)    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 22 February, 2006

Gronk, good prudent conservatism with the build up.
I've seen the other Martin (Considine) in the park and he moves well on a jog.

To answer your question, last sunday the main hill component of the run was 6 times * that hill from Tamarama beach back through the reserve up the stairs to the road.    



» Post a Comment