The 06 Bay Run

7km | Race | 30:57 PB Week 9 of 11 The Bay Run was my first ever "fun run" back in 2004, so this morning was a nostalgic return for me. After a not perfect pre-race preparation (2 pies and a couple of beers at the footy last night and getting home late) so I arrived at Leichhardt this morning not feeling particularly confident. McMillan Running reckoned that I should run it in about 32:xx based on my 10km time so that was my broad goal. I met up with CRs Superflake, Professor, FPT and John Dawlings for a pre-race chat before I set off for a amble type warm up. At the gun I took off at a reasonable pace and watched half the field pass me in the first KM. No females in our race due to a staggered start meant that I had to enjoy the water views rather than my usual preferred type of sight seeing. ;) I felt pretty crappy for the first few KMs but settled into a decent rhythm by the time we got to Drummoyne Rowers. I think I managed to hold that rhythm pretty well for the rest of the race. My splits were: 4:13 1km 4:34 4:24 4:20 4:17 21:50 5km 4:09 4:27 7km 0:29 30:57 7.116km In 2004 I ran the race in 46:xx, so today's result means that I ran a 16 minute PB. LOL. No complaints here and am looking forward to the challenge of the Sydney Striders Lane Cove 10km next Saturday as my last race before the C2S. I have no niggles - today. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 30 July, 2006

Great run there Gronk - congrats!Maybe all that sand running is finally begoinning to pay off?    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 30 July, 2006

Wow. Very slick times Gronk. All that hill work ahead of C2S is paying off. Congrats.    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 30 July, 2006

gotta be happy with a 16 min pb!! see you next saturday!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 30 July, 2006

Great run Gronk. Sorry about the team change before the start. See you at Lane Cove.    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 30 July, 2006

great run Gronk, looking primed for an excellent C2S...    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 30 July, 2006

Isn't it great to see that all the hard work actually does work ! Well done.

TA    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 30 July, 2006

Well done Gronk - fantastic result!!!

I think you'd better find a quicker rabbit for C2S.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Monday, 31 July, 2006

16 min PB is fab GronK! What a difference in two years. I'm sure you'll have a great C2S.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Monday, 31 July, 2006

Congratulations Gronk.

You were not far off a 20 min - 5km, so nothing less than a sub 40 min Lane Cove 10km and 60 min C2S will do.

I think it's the weight loss and I'm taking all the credit.    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 02 August, 2006

Well done Gronk!! What an improvement :-)    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 03 August, 2006

Very kind of you to say you've taken some of my advice.
You're the first person I've found for 10 years to admit that.    



» Post a Comment