Secret training

18.68km | LSD | 107:23 Week 9 of 11 With the Bay Run on Sunday and Striders Lane Cove the following Saturday, opportunities to squeeze in hilly runs for the C2S and a long run for the Blackmores 1/2M in September were getting slim. So I decided that the best solution was to kill two birds with one stone - LSD over the C2S course (or part thereof). I usually do my long runs on the weekend early in the morning after a good sleep and a light breakfast. This time around I was running at 8.30pm after 11 hours in the office and a belly full of dinner. So it was an odd feeling but at the same time I was excited. I ran through Woollahra and Double Bay at a nice pace and was trying to visualize the 60,000 punters running with me and the band on the roof of the Golden Sheaf Hotel. Gee the C2S is so much fun. We are so lucky to have a race like that in our city. The short climb to Rose Bay was easy and before I knew it I was climbing Heartbreak Hill. It's seriously not that bad, not as bad as I remember anyway. I actually found Military Road through Dover Heights to be much harder. Yes at the top of HBH there is still 7kms to go and many short hard hills to negotiate. I got down to the south end of Campbell Parade (approx. 14km) in about 73 mins, which I was pretty happy with considering that I was running at a (quickish) LSD pace. Still, the thought of shaving 8 minutes of that to achieve my goal of 65:xx seems near impossible, but hey, what's the point of having an easy goal. Right ? The climb up Bondi Road was a real bitch. Its 2kms up and up and up and frankly I was pretty tired and didn't want to be there. I crawled home in 107 something and am pretty happy with that effort. On the upside that run is waaaay harder that anything that Blackmores can dish up so I am content that with a few more of those between now and September I'll be in good shape. I have no niggles - today. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 27 July, 2006

Just between you and me I'm doing some secret training too ;-)

I'd forgotten how hilly the run was until you mentioned it all there - yikes! I think I'm gonna have to squeeze in a few more hill reps before the big day.

I'm glad I'm chasing Go Girl who is chasing you, you are an expert on the course and won't get us lost.

How about first to cross the line buys the other two a beer.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 27 July, 2006

Top run gronk.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be doing C2S in a G-string, and then a dip at glamourama.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 28 July, 2006

That sounds like a very tough run. I'm sure the excitement on the day will account for at least 5 mins of the time you need and you won't be running in the dark with a full tum so there's the other 3 mins..    



» Post a Comment