Red Bib Day

Week 9 of 11 The arrival of my red bib (sub 75:00 group) for next months City to Surf is a proud achievement for me and makes me feel like a real runner for the first time. At the same time I now have the fear of failing to deliver a real runners time ! Eeek ! So this thread on Cool Running calling for punters to declare their goal time got me thinking. What is a realistic time for this fat bastard ? I decided to use three methods to achieve my goal time. The first is to use Ewen's famous City to Surf Calculator. So based on my 10km PB, Ewen seems to think that I can crawl around in 64:42. The second method was to plonk my Sydney Striders Lane Cove course PB into my pace calculator (on this page, bottom right) and see what that pace over 14km works out to be. This method suggests a 65:20 result. The third was a guestimate result based on AndrewT's legendary Predictor Tables. With my 100 minute finish in the SMH 1/2M, Andrew suggests that I should run 64/65:xx. So allowing for the usual crowd sh!t fight at the start, I'm shooting for a 65:xx result this year. To be honest that seems way too fast for me, but I guess the stats don't lie. Time to lose some more weight and get serious me thinks. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 25 July, 2006

jeez - that first one says i should be aiming for 80 mins!! methinks not! however, seems less daunting when it clarifies that with 'top 15,000' hehe.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 25 July, 2006

Hey Gronk, those calculators have me coming in around the 64 to 65 minute mark. Though I'm gonna factor in my lack of hill work and add a couple of minutes to that.

Anyway, see ya in the red bib section!    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 25 July, 2006

i'm aiming for a red bib next year, still in the A2 start (#9083) this year...    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 25 July, 2006

See you for breakfast at the front of the A1 start mate. Well done!    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 26 July, 2006

Well done on the red bib. I'll be at the end to cheer you down the finishing straight!

Glad you are running injury free; let's hope it continues. Maybe you could squeeze a session with Sean's squad occasionally for some speed work.    



» Post a Comment