A family affair.

9km | easy Week 7 of 11 My son Jackson is 7 years old and lately has been asking to go running with me. So last Sunday and yesterday I took him for a lap of Queens Park. Last week we did a walk/run routine around the perimeter and yesterday did the same only Jackson ran most of the 2km lap. He's very proud of himself and I suggested that he could do the Australia Day 4km in January. He seemed pretty suprised at that but is keen to try for it anyway. Fingers crossed that he stays motivated and can achieve his goal. I'm not the sort of Dad who pushes his son, but if he is keen then I will help him get there. After that I ran the 7km grass course of Queens/Centennial Parks at bludge pace. I purposely took it easy and it was the first time I had ran two days in a row for many months, so I didn't want to pull up sore and need to take a few days off. Thankfully it ended up OK and I finished feeling pretty good. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Monday, 10 July, 2006

I reckon that he's got a pretty good chance of enjoying it with you around :-)

Gnome    



» Post a Comment