Overdue update.

Friday 4th August Week 10 of 11 ================================ FAT FRIDAY ! Weight @ 01/01/06: 83.0kg Weight last week: 75.5kg Weight this week: 75.8kg Comment: Huh ? Must have been that mud cake I glanced at in the shop window yesterday. ================================ Mood: ---> Thursday 3rd August Week 10 of 11 6/7km | Hill Reps Having missed my mid-week secret training long-run, I contemplated doing it last night but concluded that I lacked the mojo to do it and it was probably too close to Striders on Saturday for my old bones to cope. So I headed across the park t Darley Road. I did 8 reps, untimed because I forgot my watch. I did OK. Took it easy and concentrated on form. I have no niggles - today. Mood: ---> Wednesday 2nd August Week 10 of 11 I had a secret training run scheduled however the Bride announced when I got home that she was off to Jackson's School for a meeting and I was accordingly on baby sitting duties. I'll take that as fate and be happy that I avoided that out of control semi-trailer that would have cleaned me up half way up Heartbreak Hill. Mood: ---> Tuesday 1st August 7km | easy Week 10 of 11 As usual I was a bit sore after my Sunday race. Yeah no amount of stretching seems to avoid the DOMS. I saw Ellie mentioned in her blog the other day cool down and I thought - interesting concept. I must look into that. I also thought I might buy myself a pair of long SKINS and wear them around the house all day for recovery. That seems to be the go. I'll probably duck out to Rebel this morning and buy a pair. Anyway the run was uneventful and boring. I had no niggles that day. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Friday, 04 August, 2006

hehe - my "cool downs" after training are often the hardest bit as i have trashed my legs and am completely exhausted and inconveniently live at the top of a hill...

that mud cake is a sneaky one...    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Friday, 04 August, 2006

Congrats on your great run down at the Bay mate - I love the map you produced too. Where did you get that from?

As for the skins, I was Cr's biggest sceptic - but now swear by them. Only for recovery (or cool downs), and never for running. In fact, to be totally honest I reckon they're made of pretty crappy material around the crotch. Most tri-shorts are heaps more comfortable down there, so I wouldn't dream of running in them.

They're fantastic at eliminating DOMS though :)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Friday, 04 August, 2006

Good luck in the Striders 10k tomorrow Gronk. Practice for C2S and work that uphill!!!!    



» Post a Comment