Sydney Striders 10km - Lane Cove

10km | Race | 44:04 PB Week 10 of 11 Gee that was unexpected ! After a really bad nights sleep I was feeling tired and very crappy. I drove out to Lane Cove thinking that I will aim to better my February race time of 47:31 only. That at least would give me some confidence leading into the C2S next week. I started at the gun with Spud's 45 minute train, but quickly lost him into the distance. I think I caught him about the 1km mark and ran comfortably behind him for the km or two. I was feeling pretty good and thought that I may be able to actually give a sub 45 a shot if I can get to the turn around at the 5.5km mark in a decent time. Then a downhill section gave me the opportunity to move ahead so I put on a bit of a surge and was able to hold that rhythm and move ahead of the 45 group by about 30 seconds I think by the time I hit the halfway mark. From there I knew that I only had one or two mini hills home and concentrated on running any rises smoothly and leaning forward on the downhills. I found the return leg pretty easy and reckon that I had a fair bit left in the tank. "Maybe you need to start running some 1km intervals to teach yourself to run harder and make it hurt !" - is what a wise old Strider said to me on my warm down jog. Hmmm point noted. My Splits were: 24:04 at 5.5km drink station 19:59 at 10km Time by my watch was 44:04 which gave me a 3:26 course PB and an even better 1:12 10km PB ! Happy days ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 August, 2006

Sensational Gronk. Your determination has certainly paid off. Well done!    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 August, 2006

yeeha! would like to say you looked strong but you were obviously whizzing past so quickly that i didn't see you ;)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 August, 2006

Faaaaantastic Gronk! Sounds like you totally nailed the hills.

Make sure you say g'day before the gun goes next Sunday, you might not want to wait around at the end for me to finish to say it then.    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 August, 2006

Maaaaatee!! Congtraluations big fella. That's a huge achievement. Couldn't have been the best weather for a PB either?    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 August, 2006

Well done Gronk. Tough course and tough day for a PB. You earnt that one.    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 05 August, 2006

What a way to go sub 45 for the first time. You did it in grand scale. You are looking good for sub 65 at C2S.    



Blogger the_en4cer stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 August, 2006

Well thats just outstanding! Congratulations! Best of luck for C2S!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 August, 2006

Fantastic effort mate. Congrats on the PB. North Head would be looking pretty good for a 42:xx now.    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 August, 2006

Gotta be happy with that PB! Time for a "froth chop" or two to celebrate?    



Blogger Dave stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 August, 2006

Massive effort Gronk, well done!!!!    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 08 August, 2006

way to go Gronk, fantastic time...good luck for the C2S...    



» Post a Comment