DOMS


I read with amazement that a few runners backed up after the Striders 10km on Saturday morning and ran the NSW 10km Road Champs in the afternoon. Or guys like Superflake and Nando who ran the NSW Champs on Saturday and then the Heart of the Lake on Sunday.


Meanwhile I'm hobbling about all weekend with massive DOMS in the quads and calves. I guess there are those of us who CAN and those of us who CANNOT. I of course am in the latter big girl category.


On Sunday morning Jackson & I had a lap around Centennial for his weekly training run (aka Dad's recovery session). This was Jackson's last hit out before the 4km Mother's Day Classic next weekend. We completed the 4km (loop of the park and run home) in slow but solid style, save the DOMS pains in my legs. It was good to get some blood in the muscles and I admit that I did feel much better after the run that I did before.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Monday, 07 May, 2007

Hard work those back to back races.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 07 May, 2007

Not that there is anything wrong with the "latter category"... I call it home too :)

Good to see Jackson pushing on from Canberra.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 10 May, 2007

You have my sympathy Gronk. I've had the same problem this week since racing a few rivals on the last 'gentle' downhill of Nail Can. Good fun at the time :)    



» Post a Comment