Bogong Run

7km | easy

Uncle Hal had me down for 7km, so I ran the outside fence of Centennial. It's conveniently 7km but much if it is also on grass/dirt so it's good for my old legs. I've had a few "pings" in the shins of late and I know I have to be careful not to aggravate them and get shin splints whilst in my building phase.


Those pesky bogong moths were out in force and I copped one right in the gob as I ran past the disused Racecourse. No, they don't have a pleasant nutty flavour by the way.


It was a tad nippy out and I elected to run in a short sleeve dri-fit. Bad move as I was way too hot by the time I got to Anzac Parade. So it was a shirtless run from there until home. Apologies to the motorists.


In other news I've started skipping. Got myself a speed rope and had my first session on Monday in the Nike Frees. I was pretty unco for the first few minutes and basically got the hang of it by the end. I did 10 mins and was a little puffed after that and had a good short workout. I intend to skip on the non running days and will apply the 10% rule to my sessions so as to avoid overuse. I've got a link to a web page for drills etc but I won't be able to go there until I can be proficient enough to do the simple things like switch from leg to leg and arm cross overs. That will take a little time methinks.


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 October, 2007

You obviously forgot the satay sauce...

Careful with skipping if your shins are a bit anste - skipping (and heavy bag work) in my experience tend to really tighten up the calf muscles.    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 October, 2007

Hmmm, apparently they are high in fat - did it taste like a cheese burger?    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 October, 2007

Eating out recently I was halfway through my food and found one of those moths in my salad - it was pretending to be an olive. Anyway, they didn't charge for the meal. Who said there's no such thing as a free lunch.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 10 October, 2007

Skipping? Sounds like the Balboa training plan. Those moths are annoying when you cop one in the head. Had one in the eye on Monday, lucky he bounced off.    



» Post a Comment