The week that was...


Two weeks ago I CBF'd running. Well the good news is that I've been managing a few runs here and there but CBF'd blogging. LOL


Tuesday: I went down to Bondi Beach and ran for 30 mins on the soft sand. It was hard going and my legs turned to jelly after about 20 mins. It was my first run on the sand since the Bondi Barefoot whenever that was - April maybe. Anyway the good thing is that recovery is pretty quick so I was right to go for my next run.


Thursday: I ran 6km around Bondi Junction and took in a little bit of Randwick. No pain in the leg, so I'm pretty confident that this stessie business is officially behind me now.


Saturday: We had a busy day planned so I left home early for a run in the park. I ran a 5km loop which takes in the walking path and the upper roads towards Oxford Street. I ran it a little quicker than my usual plod and found it tough with the whole dry mouth and tight lungs thing happening. Man, I am so unfit.


Sunday: With the 4km Bridge Run next Sunday, I had to get Jackson out for a run. So in the afternoon we headed out in the fading light for the same 5km loop that I did Saturday. The aim of the day was to run it an extra slow heart rate and show Jackson that he can achieve a solid run without getting wasted. So we just plodded along at his conversation pace and managed to complete the whole 5km loop without any walk stops. He did really great and was surprised that he felt so good at the end. He is definitely ready for a good run across the bridge next Sunday morning.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 17 September, 2007

Great to see you getting back into it Gronk. I think Jackson has been a good influence on you :-)    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 17 September, 2007

Lol - I have just discovered that I can now leave comments via my Blackberry (couldn't do this before) but I'm afraid the BB doesn't like your page - so I'll just have to take Tesso's word for it that Jackson is a good influence on you :) I can only presume she means in a running sense.

Keep chipping mate.    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Monday, 17 September, 2007

well given your blogging, and my pathetic blog checking, I'd better wish you both well for next Sunday's race mate!

so best of luck :)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 18 September, 2007

5k without walking - that's excellent. I hope Sydney turns on a City to Surf day. Good luck to you both - I'll keep an eye out for you amongst the thousands under the bridge.    



» Post a Comment