A runner again ?

R15, W2, R15

Whilst I have been getting out there for the past week or so, it hasn't felt like I was really running. These walk breaks don't really allow you to get a sweat up and you don't get any of that post run feeling of satisfaction.


Last night it all seemed to come back to me. Conditions were perfect singlet weather and after hanging about in the backyard with the kids watching the eclipse, I ducked out for a spin around the block.


Geeze it felt good. I ran the hills with determination and tackled the flats with some speed (well compared with my dawdle pace of the past few weeks it was speedy). I'm still quite unfit and the 2 min walk break actually came in quite handy, but I can feel things improving and came home feeling really "up". Very much looking forward to Thursday when I drop the walk breaks and get to run uninterrupted for the first time.


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 August, 2007

Great stuff Gronk - you give me hope mate :)    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 August, 2007

ah ... I can imagine how good that would have felt. There's still nothing that compares to the simple runners' high    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 August, 2007

Don't blame it on the boogie, blame it on the moonlight!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 August, 2007

Runner uninterrupted :)    



» Post a Comment