Nice weather for ducks (and boys)

W3, R7, W3, R7, W3, R7, W3, R7

My Sunday run was planned for the afternoon and I was taking Jackson with me. After all he has to run 5km in two weeks, so he needs to get the legs used to it all over again. He should be OK considering that he has a footy season behind him now. The only problem was that The Bride wasn't keen on Jackson going out in torrential rain. So we worked on her for while and soon kitted Jackson up in cap and spray jacket to keep him warm.


We headed over to Centennial in heavy rain and basically had the park to ourselves. My program had me doing 3 x 3W/7R and we jogged that at a very slow pace. Jackson was meandering up and down the path and splashing through each and every puddle he could find. He was having heaps of fun and it was taking his mind off any fatigue that may creep up on him.


We ended our program OK but found ourselves about a KM away from home (yeah I have no idea), so I made an executive decision that we would add another 3/7 leg to the run. Jackson was feeling OK through the last bit although he did struggle in the last 400m or so. To his credit he ran it all the way to home and jumped straight into a well earned warm shower.


I have much of the same type of runs this week, only with the run times increasing up to 2/12. Can't wait until I'm able to scoot down to Coogee and run the coastal path up to Bondi on a Sunday. That's my goal for a month's time.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Monday, 20 August, 2007

Don't let Jackson push you too hard don't want to break anything. It was great weather for ducks yesterday morning. The Cherrybrrok hills were lovely at the Striders STaR.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 20 August, 2007

Tell Jackson he is making me feel very guilty for not running in the rain!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 21 August, 2007

I'll take a guess at 7 x 2/12 for the Coastal track.

Good progress thus far - keep it going.    



» Post a Comment