Zzzzzzzzz


Wow, so many kind messages from Bloggers after the SMH. Thanks so much !


This Monday was a rest day. The usual post race massive DOMS haunted me all day, so the rest day flowed lazily into Tuesday. I blame Plu for that cos he TOLD me to rest. LOL. I have been stretching however and punishing the ITBs with the rolling pin as well. Each day I have been spinning, seeking some downward movement for Fat Friday. Wednesday was State of Origin (life has it's priorities) so my first run was planned for Thursday.


Leading up to Canberra I kept a little injury a secret. I jokingly blogged at one stage that I had a stress fracture, but I got over it. Well the truth is that I really did fear a break high up on the medial edge of the tibia. It presented a sharp pain with the foot strike yet the bone did not hurt when pressed. It went away as quickly as it arrived. So I didn't have to worry about it. If it did end up a break then I hoped to get through the marathon and worry about the injury later. Thankfully I got through the race and there were no signs of pain.



Yesterday morning I noticed the same pain rear its ugly head as I walked down the escalator at Bondi Junction Station. It's been in the back of my mind all week but I thought that it was residue DOMS so I didn't really worry too much. I laced on the boots last night for a run and got to the end of the street before I had to turned back for home. It really hurt and testing it afterwards I can't really hop on my left leg at all. I'm thinking that best case scenario it's a soft tissue injury similar to shin splints only higher up (coloured red in the pic). Worst case I guess would be a stressie. Being a glass half full sorta guy, I'm focusing on the shin splint type injury. As an old hand at the cursed shin splints (aka Medial tibial stress syndrome) I know that I have to ice twice daily, start a course of anit-inflams and change the shoes. When I'm right to run again (that could be as early as Sunday or as late as next month), I'll have to stick to the soft surfaces for a while. If it doesn't respond quickly, I'll have to pay a visit to Larry the Physio next week for advice.


Of late I've been feeling like an old footballer who can't train with the team because of his failing body. He has to do his own thing, keeping himself in cotton wool and just prepares himself for the big games. My next big game is the City to Surf and wild horses won't keep me away from it. In the meantime my short term goal is Striders next week. Fingers crossed.



****************************


Fat Friday !


Weight last Friday: 80.3kgs


Weight today: 80.2kgs


Comment: 100gms Hahaha !

****************************
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 25 May, 2007

100gms is a 100gms...I hope you're back in action very quickly and it's nothing more than site specific DOMS :) I think I've just invented a new term.    



Blogger plu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 25 May, 2007

Rest sometimes means nothing. My physio has been treating 3 things and more keep emerging.

I have been stuffing around since SMH 2006 not resting, resting and coming back to hard and then having to stop again.

I'd settle for a nice half cup at the moment. Good luck with the rest or whatever.

cheers PLu.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 26 May, 2007

Unfortunately I recognise the old footballer in myself too. Look after those legs Gronk - hope the recovery is swift !    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 26 May, 2007

From an old hand of stressies. Please no! I'm sure MPH, Action and FPT would say the same thing.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 27 May, 2007

Sorry to hear that Gronk. Keep doing what you can - mightn't get you over the line (like NSW), but at least you're in the game.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 28 May, 2007

Fingers crossed the glass is half full Gronk.    



» Post a Comment