TGIF


Not a huge amount of news on my front. The leg is still sore when I put a load on it but it has improved a tad in the last 48 hours.


I spoke to Larry the Physio a few days ago (congrats on the baby girl mate) and I agreed to see him some time next week. We might take advantage of the time off the road to fix a few niggles that I have been hiding of late.


This morning I headed down to a Maccas type medical practice in the city to see what they can organise on the x-ray front (would you like a MRI with that order Sir ?). I was privileged to be allocated a Dr who more than likely got his medical degree on Ebay. He proceeded to tell me that runners only get stress fractures in the metatarsals and only anorexics would get them in the tibia. Yeah thanks for that Doc, you get the NFI Award for today.


Anyway I left the surgery with a referral to a Radiologist who will apparently do an MRI for $300.00. I'll ponder over the weekend if I should get one done. If I continue to improve over the weekend I probably will do it with a hope that I can start back on the road sooner than the 12 weeks (worst case scenario) hiatus.


On the fitness front I haven't done much this past few days other than spin twice for 25 mins each session. I aim to build that up to 4 sessions a week for an hour a piece. Other than that I have been doing push-ups and crunches each morning and the normal leg stretches.


I really hope its not another 10 weeks out of running or I'll go insane. Is there a support group for injured runners ?



****************************


Fat Friday !


Weight last Friday: 80.2kgs


Weight today: 80.2kgs


Comment: No increase after a slack week is OK by me.

****************************
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 June, 2007

A support group would be great. We could push for things like a $2 injury surcharge on all race entry fees to help pay for physios, doctors, MRIs, counselling etc.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 June, 2007

Glad to hear it's improving and I think you're already in the virtual support group. There's always water running if you really want to bore yourself senseless!    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 June, 2007

I think $300 is reasonably cheap for MRIs, so it might be worth considering. Only way to really tell what's happening in there I guess - not sure if your Radiologist will have similar quals to your mate at McQuacks though ...    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 June, 2007

Say what???!! Where do they get these Docs from?    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 June, 2007

Hope the leg improves Gronk. Seriously think about the MRI - I know it's a bl**dy lot of money but if you are going to take a long period of time off running, better to make sure the full extent of your injury.

Don't worry about the time off - I had 4 months off with my ITB problems last year & I'm perfectly sane :-)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 June, 2007

They didn't offer you a Macure? Good luck next week.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 June, 2007

The $300 is good. I think mine was about the same 2 years ago. Hope you find out soon mate.    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 03 June, 2007

Gronk, we are your support group. We know it sucks.

Three hundred bucks is not that many physio sessions, and if it gets you back quicker your mental health will benefit.

Hang in there!

Cheers,
Ben    



» Post a Comment