Sydney Striders 10km


Week 9 of 15
10km | Race | 46:55

I got home Friday night and was iffy about running this one. The right quad was giving me grief and I basically gave myself until game day to pull out or not. After dinner I walked the dog into Centennial and took the time to do some deep stretching whilst sitting under a tree by a duck pond. A very calming event (apart from when a goose chased the pup). After a shower and self massage with goanna oil, I was feeling half human again. No I don't spend enough time stretching and paying attention to massage and yes I know that things will naturally get tight after a 30km run and what do I expect etc.


So anyway I decided to run North Head. The quad still a bit niggly this morning so I massaged with voltaren gel and I think that did the trick.


The race was OK at the start although it all seemed to start very fast and I watched the 45 & 50:00 pacers shot off like startled rabbits, so that made me think that I was in for a tough morning. After a few kms the legs started to feel OK and I think I reeled in the 50:00 pacer at about the halfway mark. CR Rags was with me for most of the way and he provided a good pace to hang onto. He cruised off with 2 or 3km to go I and struggled to maintain good pace from there.


I finished pretty tired and but reasonably happy with the morning. Quad and ITB feel a bit beaten up so I'll have to pay some attention to them within the next 48 hours. All good though.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 March, 2008

21:55 for the 2nd 5k. You were flying even if you didn't think so. A 3:05 negative split. Excellent!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 March, 2008

Good race considering the niggles. The 50 minute group of startled rabbits must have thought you were the ferret coming through.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 02 March, 2008

Nice work Gronk. Fingers crossed that the race has scared the niggle away !    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 March, 2008

Good race that. That was a nice solid 30km last weekend as well. Hope the training continues on in in similar fashion.    



» Post a Comment