La Perouse


Week 6 of 15


25km | LSD | 2:28:21


It was pissing down at 6.15am. I mean big fat drops and lots of them. Footpaths were streams and roads were rivers, well not quite - but you get the drift. A little water wasn't going to stop this intrepid runner so I kitted and lubed up and set on my way. Lubed up ? I had vaso between the toes, bodyglide on my nooks and sportsshield in my crannies. I had so much lube on that I felt like Des Renford ready to take on the English Channel. LOL


Apart from the rain (which I lurve actually) I was feeling in the pocket. No niggles and full of energy. I bumped into CR Anne Victor along Doncaster Ave. She was heading out to La Perouse as well but she suggested that I go ahead because I was a very fast runner. LOL thanks Anne thats both you and my 6yo daughter who think that I'm a fast runner - but hey I'll take it !


I bumped into Anne on the home leg out Little Bay way and I trundled my way home from there. Nothing else to report other than a little niggle in the left achilles at times but I worked out that it was due to the camber in the road (running against the traffic my left foot is higher than the right) so I tried to run on the footpath where possible. Must remember to avoid the camber when I run Canberra.


Happy days !


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 09 February, 2008

With all that lube on, you certainly slipped through that run. Nice one Gronk, and the best part, being reaffirmed as a very fast runner :)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 10 February, 2008

Good work on the long run there Gronk.

A very experienced marathoner/ultra runner I know (combined total over 70) tells me she'd rather run in the middle of the road and risk getting hit by a car than on the camber and risk getting ITBFS.    



Blogger plu stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 10 February, 2008

A great traditional Sunday LSD run- top effort.

Plu    



Blogger PlodBod stopped running and said ...
Monday, 11 February, 2008

heheh how are your crooks and nannies?? Solid marathon build up, Gronk. Noice.    



Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Monday, 11 February, 2008

Great to hear you're cruising nicely through the long runs. Gold.    



» Post a Comment