Sydney Striders 10km


Week 5 of 15


10km | Race | 48:50


It was either that I forgot how tough the Lane Cove course is or I'm kidding myself that I am anyway near to my fitness level of last year or so, but I really found it hard work today.


I ran ahead of the 50min pacer at the start and watched the 45 min pacer disappear into the distance by the 1st KM. I was feeling OK but I found the hills a struggle and was basically stuffed by the time I reached the 5km marker in 24:XX.


I was joined about them by non-strider Jennifer and she kept me honest for the trip home (and surprise PB for her !). I think lots of hard races like this is what I need to get fitter and hopefully the running gods will allow me an uninterrupted Striders 10km Series this year. I'm thinking that my Wednesday run might be allocated to hill reps as I've been pretty lazy for way too long - evidenced by my effort today.


All good though and very happy to just be out there. :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 February, 2008

That's a tough course, don't be too hard on yourself.

No mention of the toe - hope that's good news    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 February, 2008

I'll second what Jen said. I've run that course and it certainly isn't the easiest. That's a great time you've done, you should be rapt!    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 February, 2008

Oooooh Gronk I hate to say it, but I think lots of races like this has contributed to your injuries in the past! At least you have been training consistently the last few months, I just know from reading your blog that you have a bad habit of not running for a while then going out and doing a hard race... I want to see you cross the finish line at Canberra being happy and injury-free!!! Just my 2c worth...feel free to ignore

Happy training mate ;-)    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 February, 2008

PS That's still a great time though, I'd be bloody pleased if I could run a flat 10k in that time!    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 February, 2008

Great Result Gronkman!

It was excellent to (virtually) see you out there running today - and I'm sure that if you look back over previous Striders Blog posts, you'd find that each Lane Cove run has been really tough; and it wasn't that long ago that a sub-50 minute 10k on any course would have been a bonus.

Well done! Stay injury free!    



Blogger plu stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 February, 2008

Good run - would have liked to see you on the way back.

cheers PLu    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 03 February, 2008

Can't fool me mate - you ran like a snail on purpose just to make my prediction of 46:40 look silly ;)

Re the nanna socks - it's good to see young kids imitating their heroes.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 03 February, 2008

Good run Gronk. You'll be better next time for the race.    



Blogger PlodBod stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 07 February, 2008

Good result Gronk. A solid time for a tough hilly course.    



» Post a Comment