Back on the soft stuff


Week 3 of 15


7km | grass


One thing I have learnt from my short time in running is to listen to your body. Right now my body has got all sorts of little niggles taking their turns in telling me to back off and take it easy.


Last night the shins were tender. It was noticeable the moment I stepped out on the road, so my 10km Bondi out and back was immediately changed to a lap around Queens Park and inside of Centennial.


This morning my big toe was very sore. In the joint and it really hurts. Arthritis probably - I'm getting old.


I have a 15km run scheduled for Saturday. I might stick to the grass, take it easy and do two laps of Centennial methinks.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger speedygeoff stopped running and said ...
Friday, 18 January, 2008

I have been doing my fast training on grass the last month or so and it has given me a new lease of life. Highly recommended!    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Friday, 18 January, 2008

Take it easy mate, otherwise you might end up a customer of mine ;-)    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 18 January, 2008

Good on you for listening to your body Gronk. Take it easy & I'm sure your toe will thank you for it!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 19 January, 2008

No good mate. But I can tell you there is now heaps more water in Centennial than when you ran this morning. Stick to the grass for awhile.    



» Post a Comment