Not drowning, waving.


Time flies when your flat out. Since I've got back from the CC1/2M, I hit the ground running on the Monday and have been so immersed with work that I've not had any spare time for myself. That means no running.


Being self employed might have it's benefits, however when the buck starts and finishes with your good self and Xmas deadlines beckon, then you have no alternative but to work your little butt off until the clients are all happy. Hence why I've not had a day off since then and have worked 15 days straight so far and it looks like that situation won't change until right up to Xmas eve.


Still, I'm a glass half full kinda guy and figure that the running gods felt that time was needed off the road to prepare me for my Canberra Marathon campaign which is due to commence, er soon.


In the meantime I've bought myself a Garmin Forerunner 50 which comes with a footpod and a HRM. It's only just been released and arrived from the USA today. I toyed with the idea of getting a Garmin 205/305 but my experience with the Timex Bodylink GPS and satellite dropouts in the city etc left a bad taste in my mouth. Reviews of this new gadget suggest that the footpod is up to 98% accurate which is way good enough for me. It also will talk with my notebook via a wireless USB dongle, so I can play with the software that comes with it. :) The Heart Rate Monitor is a new thing for me and I'll have to read up on all that. Not that this old man will be doing any lactic threshold training or anything. ;-)


I'll be taking The Bride and the Tin Lids up to Port Stephens after Xmas for a spell and hope to get a whole bunch of nice runs in up there. I hope everyone has a very merry Xmas & Happy New Year and will catch you all around the traps no doubt.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 17 December, 2007

Merry Christmas to you and yours Gronk. Hope its a good one. Enjoy playing with your new toy :)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 18 December, 2007

Merry Christmas mate. Hope Santa brings you a faster pair of legs for next year.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 18 December, 2007

Enjoy your 'after X-mas eve' holiday. A good time to ease back into the Canberra training and play with the F50 - looks like the bees' knees for city running!    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 December, 2007

I hear you on the Christmas deadlines Gronk. All of my clients seem to believe that the world is going to end at 5pm on Christmas eve!

I hope you & the family have a wonderful Christmas & that Santa is very kind to you !    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Monday, 24 December, 2007

Gronk,

Have a great Xmas break, and good luck with the Canberra campaign - I'll look forward to exchanging happy stories at the finish line.

Cheers,
Ben    



» Post a Comment