Central Coast 1/2M

21.1km | 112:XX | Race

After nearly being washed off the Freeway driving up on Saturday, we were greeted with a sunny Sunday morning at The Entrance.


There was a whole heap of CoolRunners up there and it was good to catch up. Soon the talk was over and we were off around the lake. You know as much as I love this race, what really pisses me off is the lack KM markers along the way. Seriously, I had no idea how I was going and tried not to get swept away with the faster runners. Of course that wasn't to be and I arrived at the turn around (10 point something KMs)in around 52:XX.


I popped a gel (Strawberry + bananna GU - YUK!) and tried to maintain my pace. But soon the heat was getting to me. At each of the 3 drink stations I took two cups, one to drink and the other over my head, but things didn't really improve much. In the end with about 6km to go I had slowed down to a plod and was content that I would crack 2 hours OK as long as I didn't die too much from there.


CR Cliffold caught up with me with about 5km to go and I think I upped the pace a bit to keep with him. It was good to chat about crap to get my mind off things and we both ran together from there to the finish line.


All things considered, I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out and have only a little DOMS and certainly no niggles to report. All good.


« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 December, 2007

Well done Gronk. Nice to come out the other end of a race not hurting too much.

PS Strawberry & banana .... what did you expect :-)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 December, 2007

Good run mate considering no distance whatsoever in your legs. And what Tesso said about the GU.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 December, 2007

Thanks for slowing to a plod - that makes my 113 prediction look better than it really was.

Glad to hear you've pulled up well.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 December, 2007

Nice work Gronk. You've made an incredible recovery from your stressies earlier this year - don't loose sight of that!

Glad to hear that you pulled up niggle free - long may it continue!    



Blogger Bennyr stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 December, 2007

Good to see you again, Gronk.

Glad you pulled up OK!

Cheers,
Ben    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 December, 2007

I had the very same GU! That might be why I was so slow!

Good to see you at CC & no niggles for me either.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 08 December, 2007

Really good to see the progress you've made after the stressie and that's not a bad time either, especially if it started getting hot up there.    



» Post a Comment