Striders - Lane Cove

10km | Race | 48:34

My energy levels were pretty low last night and this morning. So I was thinking that a sub 50 might not happen today. Even a few minutes into the race I was feeling pooped. Luckily I found a bit of rhythm after a while and found myself about 45 seconds ahead of 50 pace at about the 5km mark (notwithstanding a shoelace malfunction halfway up scribbly !).


I managed to pick up a little time on the downhills after the 6km mark and held it until the finish. Happy with that except that I couldn't hold onto the half a dozen in the pack I was running with. I lost them with about 1.5km to go and it looked like they all finished about 500m ahead.



« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 November, 2007

Gronk that is a fantastic time - can't read your entry from the cackleberry - but you must be happy with that!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 November, 2007

That's good! Of course the shoelace malfunction was worth 35 seconds ;)

Jump on the back step of the 45-minute bus next time.    



Blogger plu stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 04 November, 2007

Hey I am pleasantly surprised by this run - you have come back really well.

Well done.

Plu    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 13 November, 2007

For someone starting out with low energy levels & feeling pooped & having shoelace troubles...it's amazing that you finished at all...good one, Gronk!    



» Post a Comment