Dead man running !

5km | easy

I finally got out for a run last night. For the past two weeks I've had some sort of a virus that makes you feel like you've been hit by a truck. Not a flu type of virus with cold like symptoms, but just feeling like crap. Headaches, shortness of breath and sore joints were the go for almost 10 days.


Anyway, with that near death experience behind me, I dashed (?) out last night for 5km. It felt good to be out there and I felt quite zippy actually. Well you would after 2 weeks off, wouldn't you ?


As I said in CoolRunning, this time off has dashed any plans for me to race the Central Coast Half in two weeks, so I'm just going to run it as a LSD. I'll try and run 15km or so this weekend and maybe 18km next. That should be enough to get me through a half in under two hours.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Friday, 16 November, 2007

Good to hear you're feeling better Gronk.

So now the CC Half is not a goal race, have you picked another?    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 16 November, 2007

Glad you're feeling better.

The old reverse taper trick eh? Take it easy. There's always the Weston Creek half in March next year.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 17 November, 2007

Glad to hear that you are getting back into it again Gronk. Take it easy & enjoy the CC Half. What a great place for a social run!    



Blogger R2B stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 17 November, 2007

Don't jinx yourself with injury!
Just train nice and steady and you should be fine.
In any case good luck!    



» Post a Comment