Cruise Intervals (?)


Week 2 of 15


2km | 3 x 800m (R90 sec) | 2km


This interval stuff is very much foreign to me. My program had me down for 6 x 800m intervals but I thought that might be tempting fate in my first week, so I opted for half that.


The concept of the night was 0:45/mile faster than my 10km time. So with the help of McMillan, I extrapolated that to a goal time of 4:33/km for the 800m based on a 50:00 10km pace.


So I mapped out a 800m loop around Queens Park and hit the first one after my warm up. I kept thinking "45 secs faster than 10km". So I ran it with a little urgency so as not to stuff it up. First rep at 3:39. Doh ! I tried a slower one next and ended up with 3:42, and then the next at 3:59. Double Doh ! Yep I officially have no idea. I was rooted by then and clearly would not have survived the full 6 reps as required by the program. With the aim of this game to run each rep pretty much on the money, I expect that last night was a waste of time.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 09 January, 2008

At least you know you can run fast if a little erractically in pace.    



Blogger PlodBod stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 09 January, 2008

Hey Gronk, have you got a 305? You can set up intervals on it and it bleeps at you when you have to stop.. gotta be worth it! Good effort though!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 09 January, 2008

Not a waste of time - you now have some experience on how to do the session.

Your pace was OK... 7:15 per mile is about 4:30/km, so 3:40 for 800 metres. Just make sure the course is 800, not 850, and flat.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 10 January, 2008

I have no idea either - what Ewen said!    



» Post a Comment