First hit out.

37 days to SMH 1/2 30:00 | Easy After walking in the orthotics on Tuesday, I decided that the time was right for a jog. I taped (elastoplast) the "hot spots" which I indentified after Tuesday's walk as possible blister problems. I set out towards Queens Park and ran a few Kms on the grass and then diverted onto the footpath up to Bondi Junction. My calves felt tight in a different way. Andy the Pod and Larry the Physio forewarned me that the orthotics will make me run in the correct position and therefore my leg muscles will need to adapt. I ran home after about half an hour as I didn't want to push my luck with blisters or muscle strain. 30:00 spinning | 1:00 intervals I stretched and gulped some water down when I got home and jumped straight onto the trendy static bike. I did the same workout as last week and managed to get my heart rate to 145bpm at one stage. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I look above and see that its only 37 days to my first 1/2M and I have in no way had a decent preparation. I am in a way quite a ease with it all really. The way I look at it I will only have say two long runs of over 15km between now and then, with a bunch of 7-10km runs in bewteen. Yes I could certainly do more, but I'm being cautious about injury. My plan is that after each short run I will jump in the static bike and pump out intervals for another 30/45/60 mins. That should aid with fitness, core strength etc. I am I stressed ? Nup. After all, the 1/2M is just me going out for a 2 hour run - right ? Can I do that ? You betcha ! Mood: :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 16 April, 2005

You will be there at the SMH Half Gronk, don't worry about that. Just need to head out at a nice sensible pace and just enjoy the run. You will always remember your first half. Great to hear you are finally getting on top of your injuries.    



» Post a Comment