Part road, part grass

50:00 | Easy I was feeling good and I know that I shouldn't have - but I ran partly on the road last night. I ran the outside fence run of Centennial Park with an extra detour around the netball and tennis courts of Moore Park. So about 8/9km in total. I would say that it was a 60/40 grass/road ratio. After say 6 weeks of running on soft surfaces only, I certainly noticed the jarring on my legs. My quads were feeling it a bit (although that could have been the spin session on Wednesday) and my shins were starting to get a dull ache about 40:00 into the run. All in all I finished without any real pain and stretched and iced afterwards. I will run 10km cross country (back to low impact) on Sunday as I get my orthotics on Tuesday. I hope that the transition to orthotics will alow me to run on the road full time in the short term. I'm beginning to doubt my base for the 1/2M is adequate at this stage. Mood: :|
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment