Tuesday Hill Reps

8km | Bloody hard work My Runners World 10km program (aka "get off your lazy arse program") had me down for 6x400m hill reps. I ran 2km warm up around the Junction and landed at Ruthven Street feeling little niggles all over. Not wanting to have a sook or anything but my big toe was looking pretty festy, I had a calf strain in the left leg and my quads were still complaining from Sunday's STaR. OK, sook over. I stretched first and ran each hill pretty hard, turned around jogged down and then did it again. By the last rep my lungs were burning and quads were crying. Ran the long way home to warm down. GPS says 8km all up. I think I'll find me a sports massage gal/guy to iron out some of these kinks. Also gota see Andy the Pod about this manky toe (but might leave that until after Striders 10km just in case it leaves me out of action for a spell). Mood: ---> :|
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 01 June, 2005

How's your toe, calf & quad, Gronk? Be careful of that toe & don't let infection set in if it can. Hope all the other niggles have been ironed out too.    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 02 June, 2005

The toe will survive LL. No need for amputation just yet! Seriously, no infection either, its settling down now I think. Got the niggles well ironed out today as well !    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Monday, 06 June, 2005

Got my angle-grinder ready to go Gronk! Seriously though - don't let it get infected.

Cheers, Andy    



» Post a Comment