Last long run before taper.

17km | Easy | 116:21 I left home this morning at 6.15am to run the Centennial/Queens Parks loop. To run 17km, I needed to run two 7km loops and one 2.5km loop of Queens Park. Its then 500m back to home. I mixed up 600ml of Powerade, donned my Striders singlet & CR cap took off. Right from the start my calves and ankles started to complain, still smarting from the beating they got from Nail Can Hill. I stopped after about 1.5km to stretch for a spell and focus on the job ahead. I think it took about 7 or 8km for all the niggles to settle down. After that I just felt very leg weary, but surprisingly fresh above the waist. Based on a 2 hour finish in the half, the calculator at McMillan Running suggested that I run around 7:00/km based on todays run being another Recovery Run. It seemed very slow but I think in hindsight my body actually appreciated the break. I stretched for quite a long period afterwards and found that my left calf was quite sore and tight. Ice and voltarin seemed to work well again. I finished a touch under 2 hours but really don't care about the time. Time is no longer an issue to me and for the next two weeks its just a matter of keeping fit and fresh. Mood: :D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 08 May, 2005

It seems like a good decision not to run the Striders 10k today. If you had felt wasted during the event it could have been very demoralising. Running is only partly a physical activity.

Stay fit and fresh and enjoy your running over the next fortnight.    



» Post a Comment