Recovery

30 mins | Recovery Yeowch !. My hammies, glutes, quads, calves and any other muscle down that way are still complaining big time. I ran last night on the grass slowly, no very slowly, and started to feel a little better once I got warm. I stretched afterwards and then did a 1/2 hour stretching/yoga video. I'm feeling 100% better today. I should be able to resume full training Thursday. This muscular pain thing hits me every race. After each Striders race/fun run I cant walk freely and remain stiff and sore for days. No matter what I do, cold baths, cool down runs, long stretching routines - I get the same post race dramas. I think I know the answer however. I dont TRAIN to run fast. Every run is at easy LSD (long slow distance) pace. So every month or so when I race, my body freaks out. Based on that theory, my mission after the 1/2M is to train to run fast, rather than to train to make a distance. Of course I can only do that once I am totally over these dreaded shin splints. Let see if that makes a difference. Mood: :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment