Let down by the let downs

5km | Easy Stupid, stupid thing to do. After a visit to the physio 2 weeks ago, I decided not to continue doing the calf let down exercises as I had a theory that they were making my condition worse. I qualify that statement by saying that the exercises alone were certtainly beneficial in building calf strength, but I can't run and do the exercises at the same time. For me, it just wasn't getting any better. Running is more important in the short term (with the SMH 1/2M just around the corner) so the exercises got the flick for the time being. So last night I'm feeling particularly well and free of pain. I change into my gear and decide (why I dont know) that I might do the let down exercises before my run. The 3 reps of let downs are completed without any drama and I set of for a short run. Whamo, pain in the shin not unlike 4 weeks ago ! Arrrgh ! Lets hope I have now learnt a lesson from this ! Stretched, iced and took Neurophen. Looks like I might spin on Thursday to let it settle down and then reassess on the weekend. Mood: :(
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 20 April, 2005

Oh Gronk, do be careful! I know how difficult it is to learn a lesson, but there's nothing much worse than thinking it's all over; so nothing stupid for a while at least, please! LL    



» Post a Comment