Sunday long run

34 days to SMH 1/2M 14km | Easy This is the first time I have ever run two days in a row. My 1/2M program has me sceduled now to run on both Saturday and Sunday. I have been quite happy running the 7km cross country lap of Centennial and Queens Parks lately and will continue to do so until after the Herald Half.I am positive that the soft surface is a major reason why I am running right now. I plan to stay on the soft surfaces and gradually introduce the road in the next month. I felt quite heavy in the legs and fatigued at about 5km. I had thoughts of heading home but I figured that the fatigue that I was experiencing (because of running twice in two days no doubt) would be not unlike the heavy legs I would get at 17/18km into the Half Marathon. It was a mental challenge really. Was I injured ? No. Was I tired ? Yes. Was I exhausted ? No. Then keep going wimp ! I pressed on and even ran the last 5km on the pavement as a test to see if my shins would hold up. No problems, touch wood. I finished the 14km and walked home (500m) for a warm down. Stretched and hosed down my legs for 10mins (brrr!) to aid in recovery. Mood: :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment